Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rachel Getting Married


This is really one of the brightest spots of this season. This is a terrific film and Jonathan Demme really smacks one out of the park. I really believe that this film can compete for best film of the year. This film is about family, its relationships and the "flaws" that challenge those bonds, while making them more real. I have so much to say about this film that i cant find the words. Anne Hathaway is a revelation and should have won more best actress this season. She is astounding. This is the type of film that i love and admire because it doesnt push us any way and it doesnt conform to anything. I believe this family and the actors that portray them. I really believe this film and in my eyes, that is an outstanding and very important complement. Rosemarie DeWitt and Debra Winger are great and the script by Jenny Lumet may be the best of the year. This film joins The Wrestler and Doubt as my top 3 of this season, so far.

Grade: A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home