Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No Country For Old Men


I am a bit perplexed by this film. I see it as a beautifully crafted and flawless film, but i dont seem to understand the greatness of its storytelling. Dont get me wrong, i do find it a masterpiece, but i dont see the perfect narrative here. The film is about a chase between three guys for the 2 million dollars. The film is about modrenity and the brutality of a more violent society. The film is about a killer and his immoral wrath. The film is about an older man, who cannot catch the "bad guy". The film is about "not knowing when something is gonna happen". The film is a satire on modern violence. This is done with great affect but why should i care that much. I guess that i'm a little annoyed in not grasping all of the elements so clearly but i dont see this film as great. I believe that The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was much better. I cannot say anything negative about this film, but i wont glorify it as much as others will. Great performances and great filmmaking, however. I liked Fargo much better.

Grade: A-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home